I’ve been using an old shareware app to look through photos on my computer and I wanted something a little newer.. didn’t find anything I really liked so I started my own. It’s still pretty basic, but here’s a link to an MSI installer:
Some things of note:
- It’s pretty lightweight; the executable is 52k.
- It loads any image format supported by the framework. This includes PNG, GIF, JPG, BMP, and maybe others.
- It defaults to scaling the image to fit into a preview – hit enter and it gives you a full-screen view.
- Hit DEL anytime to delete the image you’re looking at. (This was the feature that motivated me to write the app – going through a collection of images taken on my digital camera and deleting all the ones I don’t like is easier when you can do it with a single keystroke).
- Space bar will take you to the next image when in full screen; Enter will get you out of full screen.
- Backspace goes up a directory.
It’s just a simple lightweight picture viewing app; hope you like it.